Acting & Auditioning on Zoom | Advice from Casting Director Erica S. Bream
On this episode I talk to Casting Director Erica S. Bream who has worked on projects like Altered Carbon, Colony and Star Trek Into Darkness. After 17 years in LA Erica moved to the Southeast and continues to work on projects that originate in LA and NYC as well as providing regional casting services. In addition, Erica has been providing online Zoom classes since 2017 and has a depth of useful insight on how to use the platform when it comes to auditions.
We talk about:
• How her self-tape challenges providing her a form of artistic structure during lockdown.
• The evolution of her personal brand.
• Why we all need to find a way to develop ourselves further now, if we have the authentic desire and bandwidth to do so.
• The ins and outs of acting on Zoom and why it is nothing like self-taping.
• Working within the Southeast market.
• The biggest misconception actors have about Casting Directors.